Nothing to lose, everything to win!
We are the people and networks participating in the 15s hub meeting held in barcelona september 15-18th.
1. we reject austerity as a solution of the current crisis since it leads to an authoritarian and anti-democratic management of the common wealth.
We denounce austerity policies because they increase inequalities. They are a direct attack on the different european welfare systems and on the existing social rights won by previous struggles. These austerity policies favor the private economic and financial interests which are themselves responsible for the economic process that lead us to the current crisis.
This is not only an economic crisis but most of all a political crisis. It is the moment in which the european social pact has finally been broken. It exposes the collapse of political parties as effective managers of common wealth.
2. Faced with this material and existential precarity we demand the democratization of the economic system and European governance. This will allow the construction of a new economic model of social welfare based on two aspects: the guarantee of an unconditional access to income (basic income for everybody) and the effective and free access to social rights and common wealth (education, health care, housing, knowledge, environment).
To make this possible we need to create European fiscal, budgetary and social policies, as well as to audit the debt. We need a new catalogue of social rights including the people’s right to bankruptcy. Bailout people not the banks!
3. We also consider essential to guarantee rights such as net-neutrality and free access to networks, knowledge and education in opposition to privatization and commodification .
4. in this context of precarity and rising unemployment, the position of migrants is the clearest example of the deprivation of labor rights and the devaluing of their contribution to economic production. This is the model that is being extended and imposed on all working populations.
We demand social, political and citizenship rights for all regardless of whether you have an employment contract or not. We demand the concession of these rights to all migrants living in European countries. We are all migrants. No one is illegal!
5. We must transform the models of democracy and re-appropriate politics through direct participation in all spheres of political economic and social life. The current model of representative democracy is exhausted. No one represents us!
For these reasons on 15th of October we call every one to express together our refusal of their policies which – they pretend – will lead us out of the crisis. Lets demand a real democracy!
Nothing to lose, everything to win! #UnitedForGlobalChange!
Text develop in a collaborative workshop of 15S Hub
Some of participants came from these collectives:
Alter-eu, AcampadaBcn, AcampadaSol, Ateneu Candela, Attac, Bartleby Bologna, Collectivo Universitario Autonomo Torino, Democracia Real Ya!, Edy-Factory, International Student Movement, IWW (Nevidni delavci sveta), Juventud sin futuro, Knowledge Liberation Front, La Casa Invisible, Rete Della Conoscenza, Social Center Rog, Stati Generali della Precarietà, Studen@incrisi, Take the Square, UK-uncut, Universidad Nómada, X-net